Thursday, August 23, 2012

Do all things without complaining and whining...




I know of someone who constantly complains and mainly about their child. It upsets me, but God has used it to make me look within and ask myself, "do I ever complain like that? Do I have moments when I dwell on how much one of my girls is upsetting me and then complain about it to myself for the rest of the day?" I appreciate how God uses everything in my life to make me look at myself. "Search me, O. God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23.

I am not perfect! I have definitely wasted precious time complaining about something one of my girls is doing. I've allowed time to slip past me that could have been spent cuddling while they watch the same movie for the 39749032571307501 time. At times I've let anger get the best of me and reacted in selfishness and flesh towards them. I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I realize that my babies are a gift and even in the MOST frustrating of moments, I can find something to be thankful for! I challenge myself at times to find something to be thankful for and then say it out loud! "I am thankful that we have money to pay for the diaper rash cream for your terrible rash. I'm thankful for the floor that just got covered in spaghetti o's. I'm thankful for the fact that I even have a child that is refusing to sleep. I'm thankful that God is teaching me a LOT of patience in this moment and that's shaping my character." I'm serious, you should try it! :) 

As mother's, we choose to have these completely innocent children in our arms. Our children are 100% reliant on us for their every need! We have no right to complain that they have needs. It is NOT going to be easy! Absolutely every single mother knows how tough it can be, but we just can't go on and on and on and on complaining about it. We are going to loose TONS of sleep and we are going to spend at least three...nah, (definitely more then three) years cleaning puke, pee, poop and slobber up off of ourselves and everything around us! Stuff is going to break and clothes will be forever stained and damaged. A trip out won't ever be easy again and we have to spend every waking moment thinking LESS about ourselves and MORE about the needs and wants of our blessing's. We are their world and they need us all day, every day! This happens when you have a child, there is no sense in begrudging it. Every mother has a hard time with it, no one has it worse then anyone else because each of us walk in a different set of shoes. Even if it is hard that doesn't give us the right to act that way. 

Let's try putting on thankfulness, try on some joy! Please, let's not complain. Our children will know how we feel and it won't take long for them to pick up on it. A child can hear "I love you" 100 times, but they KNOW our heart by our actions and your attitude. 

No comments: